April 22, 2007

Remember the Holocaust

Those words are said all too often. I have Hungarian/gypsy blood in me. My anscestors, for whatever reason, were wholsale enemies of the Nazis. Apparently, like the Jews, Poles, gays, etc., they posed some horrible threat. So, it was necessary that they be extinguished.

Some would call it self flagellation, but I felt it necessary to once again view Holocaust pictures. Their legacy deserves it. Humanity requires it. Our ancestors, in the least, deserve the remembrance.



And not to polticize it, but maybe when you look at these pictures, you will remember that President Bush is not a fascist, and he is certainly not comparable to Hitler. Guantanamo is not Auschwitz. Our troops are not the Gestapo. Please, buy a book. It is a shame that there are so many who are so ignorant of history to make such a comparison..

This is a good site to remember the horrors of the Holocaust.

1 Comments:

Blogger barista grazioso said...

I couldn't agree more with you, myra. If we don't revisit the past, we're doomed to repeat it, which is the direction I fear that we're heading. My heart hurts for the holocaust victims and survivors alike. I'm not sure which is the worst fate; dying in the camps or staying alive to always remember. :(

Sun Apr 22, 11:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home