August 12, 2006

Ed Koch Gets It Right

I lived in NYC during the entirety of NYC Mayor Ed Koch's term. I didn't always agree with him but I always appreciated his candor, his vigilance and his love of the city. He is and was a good man with important insight that should be listened to.

He speaks out about the present conflict.

His conclusion:


In my judgment, when history evaluates George W. Bush's position in the
pantheon of presidents, he will be compared with Harry S. Truman. Bush's
fortitude in recognizing the danger of Islamic fundamentalism to the U.S. and,
indeed, the Western world, and his awareness of the need to win this war of
civilizations is remarkable. He deserves the applause of all Americans and in
time he will receive it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Myra Langerhas said...

Pink cosmos on the house to all non-dhimmies.

Sat Aug 12, 02:50:00 PM  
Blogger Calhoun's Ghost said...

Kotch may be a 'rat, but he does know that "when you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk".

I better just stick to my jug of water. If I get to much alchy in me, the next thing I know, I'm doing a mumbled karaoke rendition of "man, I feel like a woman" embarrassingly off-key.

Sun Aug 13, 03:42:00 PM  
Blogger Myra Langerhas said...

I propose a Dumberground Happy Hour. Cal, water for you, laced with just a small hint of grain alcohol. Its prevents cavities. Barista, you are easy. Usual for U.

Mon Aug 14, 12:26:00 AM  
Blogger Calhoun's Ghost said...

*hic* I LOVE YOU GUYSES!!!!! *hic*

Tue Aug 15, 07:14:00 PM  
Blogger Myra Langerhas said...

Buck up soldier, more coming. ;)

Tue Aug 15, 11:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home