June 04, 2006

Bravos 100 Funniest Movies.... whatever

NOT. Snarking Dawg's Top Ten Funniest Movies of All Time.

Bravo did their 100 Funniest Movies of All Time. It was one of the lamest, most inconsistent lists of all time. Comedies prior to 1963 don't exist, cutesy, kid pics like Shrek triumph, and Ben Stiller is the world's greatest comedic film genius. Let's give a collective yawn. I posted on thgeir picks here. I decided to make my own picks. Originally, I was going to rate all of Bravo's 100. I promised, and started to rate all of the movies on the list, but got so fucking bored, I figured I'd just give my own Top Ten. Mind you, I am a late 30 something, and I, as everyone else, am influenced by my generation. Here it is. Mash it. Comment.

10. Anchorman - this is my whoah pick. this film will endure, it is the very young Caddyshack of our day.

9. Bottle Rocket - you don't get it and that's fine. it has something many just won't get, and I have come to live with that.

8. Napoleon Dynamite - don't get so pissed at me. read prior movie above. Some are seething thinking I haven't seen a movie before 2004. Wait.

7. Caddyshack - "It's in the hole!!!". Dangerfield is my pick in this movie. For some its Chase, others Murray. Everyone who has the physical ability to smile, does so at all of their performances.

6. This is Spinal Tap - the penultimate mockumentary. you believe it and you root for these two chord simps.

5. Airplane - a comedic grandaddy - if you don't keel over at some point in this movie, you have no sense of humor and should see medical help. The wellspring for so many copycats.

4. The Jerk - people have told me that this movie is stupid. I encourage people to see it for its intelligence, thoughtfulness and heartwarming playfulness.

3. Animal House - I once poured poured a half a tub of French's Mustard on my shirt as an homage to Mr. Blutarsky.

2. Blazing Saddles - I put a gun to my head and made this one score high. if you didn't... get a bigger gun.

1. Monty Python and the Holy Grail - 40th on Bravos list. Shrek was 3. Legally Blonde was 29. Bravo Network, get a person with a sense of humor to name the top funniest movies of all time.

There were many movies bubbling under this list that deserve props but were snubbed by Bravo:

HEY BRAVO: BUY A DVD PLAYER AND CHECK OUT THE MARX BROTHERS, CHARLIE CHAPLIN, LAUREL AND HARDY, ABBOTT AND COSTELLO BEFORE YOU DECIDE ON A LIST LIKE THIS!!!

Many more movies deserved better treatment - Slapshot (89), Monty Python's Life of Brian (not on list), so many I can't go on. And so many others that were given so much credit, Shrek (3), The Wedding Singer (7 - in the history of film there were only 6 movies funnier than the Wedding Singer??????????????)

I could go on and on but for the sake of my reader, I will leave it at that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Немедленно у меня потреблять любимый особа,Он тоже нашёл себе девушку.Мы видимся,разговариваем ровно старые друзья,наперсник над другом прикалываемся,однако и у Него и у меня навсегда останется сей ненавистный гуща,сколько дозволительно было пренебрегать про гонор,поговорить и больше не страдать.....но мы это уже пережили,оно в прошлом и остались только воспоминания..... [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-monolitnom-stroitelstve/95-stroitelstvo-monolitnykh-domov.html]новая квартира ремонт[/url]

Wed Jan 30, 11:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home