March 05, 2006

Boys Will Be.....Dumbasses

Boy sticks gum on $1.5m painting

I think the most interesting thing here, is the story within the story - the reaction of the 'adults'.

The Director of the Holly Academy, Julie Kildee gives us some perspective:

"Even though we give very strict guidelines on proper behaviour and we hold students to high standards, he is only 12,"


Obviously those standards are not high enough.

The curator, obviously a woman naturally blessed with street cred, schooled the young hooligan on the gravity of his offense:

Becky Hart, assistant curator of contemporary art at the museum, said she had tried to explain to the boy how the museum helped preserve works of art.

"I knew that probably wouldn't make any sense to him, so I asked him what kind of music he liked," Ms Hart told the Detroit Free Press.

"He said he liked rap, so I said: 'Well, you know what rock and roll is,' and he did.

"So I said: 'Can you imagine if somebody had messed up the beat in rock and roll so you didn't have any rhythm in rap.' And he looked at me, and he got it immediately."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home