July 05, 2007

Speaking of W's daughters

Here is the blog of some scrimpy lawyer turd named Mitchell L. Silverman who wrote a complaint letter to the Recording Industry Association of America alleging violations of copyright laws by Jenna and Barbara Bush because they made an exercise CD for pops for Father's Day. Turns out the weasel was wrong. He had to retract his complaint:

It has come to my attention that noncommercial copying of digital music recordings may not be an infringement under Title 17 of the U.S. Code, "Copyrights." I apologize for any confusion I may have caused or any mistaken impression I may have given.


I've always hated the expression, 'get a life', but I can't craft an expression that is more apropos.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He said it "may not" be illegal. We would have to know on what device the Bush Twins dubbed the sound files. If they used a PC and the government can prove that the twins actually own legal copies of all the music burned on to the disc, they *perhaps* are fine for personal use, but giving the CD mix to their dad WAS illegal, as that gets into the area not of personal use (and it's NOT for Jenna and Barbara's use, but their dad's) but of *distribution*, which IS illegal. The greedy swine of the RIAA have stated numerous times that distribution is the problem and that burning mixes for people other than yourself is illegal whether the mix CD is given away for free or sold. So.

Get a life? Frankly, I'm glad the attorney brought light to this. If I were caught doing the same, I would be in hot water. Why *not* the Bush Twins?

Sun Jul 15, 11:40:00 AM  
Blogger Myra Langerhas said...

Well after the prosecutor is done with the Bush twins, please send him to my neighborhood. I saw an eight year old with a sparkler on the Fourth. Oh, and worse, saw three hooligans jaywalking.

Sun Jul 15, 01:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home